Manuscript development and mentoring.
Having trouble bringing your novel or story to a successful conclusion? Mike has more than ten years experience teaching creative writing, and mentoring Masters of Creative Writing students at both the University of Auckland and AUT University.
- Providing inspiration and insight into your story
- Identifying narrative problems and working towards solutions
- Creating effective beginnings and endings
- Creating characters and character arcs
- Looking at how to write good dialogue and description
- Working with language
- All issues relating to tone, style, point of view and pace of fiction
- Mentoring poets
Payment by negotiation
aka Eagle Eye Odey
Freelance proofreader, copyeditor and more
Odette lives in the South Island and is the mother of two spirited children. She has been helping businesses and people with their written works of art for over 12 years. Any title approved for publishing with Lasavia requires a proofreading spot check before it gets submitted for the book design phase. You can find out more about her services here
(Or J. K. Rackham)
Writer and Illustrator
Jenn works with Lasavia as illustrator, book cover designer and jack of all trades regarding illustrations. She has worked with Mike to create Taniwha and has created several of Mike's new book covers.
- Comic/web comics writing and illustrations
- Book Cover Designs
- Logo Designs
Payment by negotiation
You can find more about her and her portfolio here
Interior book layout and design
For Lasavia authors and others by request.
From manuscript to professionally produced print ready book, I can assist you with the setup requirements, interior layout and design.
Services include -
- The layout, formatting and interior design of your book - including the title page, copyright page, dedications, table of contents (if required), chapter pages, primary content, acknowledgments and image placement if required.
- Selection of appropriate fonts, and creating a look and feel based on current trends and standards, binding options, book size etc
Irena Tovic – Story Editor
Interested in working with Lasavia Publishing? Contact: Contact@lasaviapublishing.com for more information.
Sometimes writers get so immersed into the story that they find it hard to ‘see’ it. That is where I come in. My job is to look at the plot, themes, characterization, pace, flow and language, and to work closely with the writer to help bring the manuscript to its best possible story.