We ask the tough questions from our great team here at Lasavia Publishing!
1. What first got you interested in your job?
Necessity! I was managing the Fiordland National Park information centre in Te Anau and we had a crazy 10+ brochures covering all the different parts of the park, with short walks mixed in with day walks mixed in with multi-day hikes. I wanted to make one comprehensive Day Walks brochure for the whole park so that tourists could easily select the walks they wanted to do by the length of time they wanted to walk. I also wanted tourists to know about the less visited/less crowded but still fabulous tracks. This turned out to be a bestseller and it was useful and rewarding work.
2. When you wake up in the morning, what’s the thing you most look forward to in your day?
All the smiles, laughter and fun that awaits… I’ve got two daughters and their game plan seems to be to get up and be silly, giggle lots and just be themselves. Quite inspiring really.
3. What is your favourite part about your job?
Sitting in the sun, reading books and getting paid for it. Did I mention the no-commuting!
4. How did you become part of Lasavia Publishing?
Mike needed some of his old backlist typed up. And other books proofread. I was Johnny on the spot.
5. What is your favourite author/book and why?
Medical Medium by Anthony William. Very informative with regards to chronic illnesses and diseases that can’t be solved by mainstream (and most alternative) medical practitioners.
6. What do you do on your day off?
Get off the computer/phone and go outside either into my gardens or into the mountains nearby - with my backpack on and camera in hand.
7. What is your favourite food?
Fresh fruit picked straight off the tree.
8. If you were an animal, what would you be?
An eagle. Oh to soar! To glide! To do fun dive-bombs!
9. What is your favourite thing about yourself?
The ability to remain positive when things are turning to custard.
10. What is one piece of advice you’d like to give to your younger self?
Lighten up and don’t take yourself so seriously, you are awesome just as you are.